I'm Not a Doctor, But I Play One on TV






I am in no way a medical professional. Information provided is just my experience. If you need medical information, please contact your doctor.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Endoscopy Results and what's next?

Biopsy results from the endoscopy came back clear. Actually, the term was, "Unremarkable." I guess this time that just means nothing to remark on. ;) So since that all looked great, we can now say that Westin definitely does not have Eosinophilic Esophagitis! Yeah!  But we still don't know what is causing his stomach burning. 

The gastro sent us home from the hospital with a prescription for Carafate.   Westin is to take it three times a day before meals.  Westin has still had the constant burning but has not had any attacks.  He has been careful about what he eats but each day he is getting a bit more daring.  Although, he did pass on steak last night.  Carafate is used to treat ulcers (it serves as a protective coating to let the ulcer heal) so I don't know how long they will keep him on it. 

While on the phone with the nurse practitioner from the gastro's office, she said that the doctor would like to have an abdominal x-ray taken.  So yesterday afternoon we got that taken care of.  While checking in I noticed the order said, "Check fecal load"...so I don't know if he is thinking there could be a blockage or slow emptying?  I have called but haven't yet heard the results of the x-ray.




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: