I'm Not a Doctor, But I Play One on TV






I am in no way a medical professional. Information provided is just my experience. If you need medical information, please contact your doctor.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Wow! What it is like to be on the receiving end of negativity

Today I was woken to a phone call from a member of our homeschooling group. She wanted to know if I had seen a recent email that she received. A member (now ex member) of the group completely trashed me to the entire yahoo group for our homeschool group. It was very negative. It was a complete attack. It came from a place of probable misunderstanding. It definitely came from a place of hurt, on the part of the attacker. After she left her hate message she unsubscribed from the group. Kind of a cowardly thing to do. Then another member followed her lead and left a nasty message and withdrew. So far, that is the end of the fall out, but I can't help but think there is more coming.

So how do I respond and do I need to respond, that is the question. The fighter in me wants to set the record straight. I would love to point out that she probably feels that her toes are being stepped on since we have tried to reorganize the group. She obviously feels I am the ring leader. And basically I think I just took the brunt of her anger.

Problem, by responding she wouldn't even see it as she isn't a member any more. Second, it isn't like my response is going to change her opinion of me. Third, the entire incident (email) has kind of been ignored which could be a good thing. Do I really want to bring it up? Lastly, I really think she had already stepped back from the group since the reorganization and this was her way of going out in a blaze of glory.

So do I need to respond? If so, how do I do it? I feel like I need some reassurance that her feelings are not the majority. If they are, I would be happy to step down from my position. But if they don't feel that her email was appropriate, I would like to know it.

The second girl that jumped on the band wagon I THOUGHT I had a good relationship with. So that is where I am puzzled. That is what makes me question what I have been trying to do. Who else feels that way?

Well, I think I have rambled enough. If you are reading this and you happen to have seen the emails and would like to post your suggestions, they would be much appreciated.

No comments: