I'm Not a Doctor, But I Play One on TV






I am in no way a medical professional. Information provided is just my experience. If you need medical information, please contact your doctor.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Westin Update


We upped his anti seizure (Trileptal) meds just a tad. We haven't seen any side effects to the adjustment which is nice. When he started on them he was wacky for a few days. I don't think he would have passed a sobriety test! I don't think we would have seen another seizure any time soon so it doesn't surprise me that we still haven't. It is hard to say if the dosage works. It works as long as we don't have one. :) Most people that have a seizure never see another, even without meds. I sure wish we would have been that lucky.

Before we upped the medication Westin was able to take it in pill form. But now we upped it such a small amount we were forced to go back to liquid, which Westin hates. But I guess you do what you have to do.

The funniest thing was that Westin tried to blame our math work from the day before the seizure on why he had the seizure. So after taking a few days off, he tried to tell me that the math was going to cause another seizure...nice try :)

No comments: