I'm Not a Doctor, But I Play One on TV






I am in no way a medical professional. Information provided is just my experience. If you need medical information, please contact your doctor.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Winding down from the Homeschool Blast

Today was a really hot and HUMID day! I am sitting here on my couch so tired, probably from the heat. I spent my afternoon at the Homeschool Blast. It is a local gathering of homeschoolers and vendors, here in the Kalamazoo area. I should be cleaning house getting ready for Wieland's birthday party tomorrow, but I just don't want to move.

This year was much different than last year's blast. I actually felt like there were a lot of people I at least recognized! I must be really entering the "counter culture" :) Homeschoolers are homeschoolers are homeschoolers! We might all homeschool for different reasons, but we are still homeschoolers. It is always inspiring to see the homeschoolers in the area in one place. We are not alone in our homeschooling journey, though it might sometimes feel like it. There are so many of us out there, so many resources.

I also enjoyed visiting with Nikki and her family. We got to spend a lot of time together and it was enjoyable (like always). It is nice to have a family we all click with. THAT doesn't happen very often around here! :)

Okay, I am sunburned (although I swear I was in the shade all day) and really beat. I am heading to bed so I can get up and whip through this house.

No comments: