I'm Not a Doctor, But I Play One on TV






I am in no way a medical professional. Information provided is just my experience. If you need medical information, please contact your doctor.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Will we EVER see the Neurologist?


Jason has been panicking lately that Westin will run out of anti seizure meds before we get in to see Dr Fain, our pediatric neurologist. His script was only written for 30 days as it was supposed to be renewed at our follow-up visit. Problem is, our follow-up visit hasn't happened as Dr Fain was out sick. Today I called to see about getting another appointment. They were suppose to call me to reschedule but instead this is call number 2, trying to get something on the books. "They have to talk to the doctor to see when he can see us." So I call today to be told that Westin isn't a patient of Dr. Fain's. He isn't listed anywhere in their office. Dr. Fain has never billed him, yada, yada, yada. After I get irate from being told we never had an appointment that was canceled, etc, etc. I asked them to look him up with his last name as his first name as Bronson Hospital tends to get it backwards...ta da! Suddenly we existed! SO....then they were more than happy to help me. I got a script called in but no appointment. "The doctor isn't in today. He will be in tomorrow and then I (the scheduler) can ask him when he can see you." Ah, the saga continues. :)

No comments: