I'm Not a Doctor, But I Play One on TV






I am in no way a medical professional. Information provided is just my experience. If you need medical information, please contact your doctor.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Home Education Night presented by KAHSA

So last night my friend, Nikki, and I went to check out the Home Education Night at the Portage Library. We wanted to see how they presented it, as we are trying to put something together for the fall. It was so energizing. The event left me anxious to work on our own KHC homeschool group (Kalamazoo Homeschool Connection) and make it better. I am not saying that the event itself energized me, but it did get my creative juices flowing! It was a panel of experienced homeschoolers, there to answer newbie questions as well as questions from us "younger homeschoolers". The panel was mainly parents with children that had graduated highschool. I found myself almost sitting on my hands in an effort to contain myself. I wanted to be on that panel. There was a lot of perspective missing.

I was delighted to see another KHC member there. I wish that I would have made it a point to post the event to our group.

Nikki and I returned home and talked for quite some time, making plans for our own "Thinking of Homeschooling" night. I will be posting more details very soon!

I did make a connection with a man representing the Kalamazoo Homeschool Sports. I am hoping someone will get some information over to me so I can post it on the new homeschoolkalamazoo.com

No comments: