I'm Not a Doctor, But I Play One on TV






I am in no way a medical professional. Information provided is just my experience. If you need medical information, please contact your doctor.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Only 4 days until Christmas!

The kids are excited, especially Wieland. He is four and he is so fascinated with numbers. He notices things about numbers that amaze me and encourage me. That is the joy of an open mind. He hasn't been turned off to learning. The goal is just to keep him that way! :)

Earlier this month we made a paper chain with paper links, one for each day until Christmas. Wieland ran up to me and said, "Tomorrow it will be three days, right?" Not only does it help him practice counting (by counting the rings) but it also is setting the stage for addition and subtraction. Life is just so full of learning. So many opportunities. Homeschooling isn't rocket science. It is just seeing the opportunity right in front of you.

No comments: